What a Virtual Marketing Assistant Can Bring to the Table
It all comes down to one basic question: what do you get in exchange for hiring a virtual assistant with a background in marketing? You should expect that they have the marketing experience and skills to fit in seamlessly with what you’re doing, whether that includes keyword research or using business development software. But there are some broad categories of skills that C-level executives down to solo entrepreneurs need to know that their virtual assistants can handle:
- Content marketing. Content marketing is a vital piece of the digital marketing puzzle, and you need a virtual assistant who understands the basics. They should be able to pitch in with managing a social media content calendar, help you with blog creation, understand the different types of content you can create, and be able to manage them all with an eye for detail.
- Keyword research. So much of digital marketing these days comes down to the keywords you research. This helps you find an audience that’s looking for your service. A virtual assistant should understand the top keyword research tools and how to use them.
- Social media management. Social media is just as indispensable as any CRM tool you use. That’s why it helps to have a virtual assistant who can help with lead generation via LinkedIn, Twitter, and more.
- Strategy. Can your virtual assistant handle overarching strategy on your latest marketing campaigns? A marketing assistant can be more than a personal assistant here. They can be a member of the team that leverages their experience and expertise to optimize your campaigns.
- Project management. Serving out the project manager role often requires a specific talent for leadership and organization. But as you expand your team, there’s no reason a virtual marketing assistant can’t help out. They can organize marketing activities, help coordinate a remote team, and otherwise serve as the personal assistant to an entire marketing team.
- Lead generation. How do you bring in new leads to your business? Is too much time spent focusing on lead generation rather than doing great work for those clients you already do have? If so, hiring a virtual assistant can be a way to “shortcut” your lead generation so you’re free to focus on other elements of your business.
This is just a sample of what an experienced virtual marketing assistant can do. Remember that each situation is flexible, and if you have more specific needs and holes to plug in your own marketing campaigns, you can always search for the VA who has that kind of flexibility.